Senator Iyorchia Ayu of Benue State, the former President of the Senate, has been elected as the new National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) by the Party’s delegates.
In solidarity with Senator Ayu and other newly elected National Officers of the Party, Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State and his colleagues elected on the PDP platform were on the ground to witness the announcement of the elective convention results.
Senator Ayu, a consensus candidate for the position, took over the leadership of the main opposition party alongside 20 others elected into various positions within the PDP National Working Committee.
The new set of leaders were elected at the party’s national convention which began on Saturday and lasted till the early morning of Sunday.
Hundreds of party delegates participated in the election of the new national officers at the Eagle Square in Abuja.
The PDP Team. The National officers.
- Iyorchia Ayu- national chairman
- Umar Iliya Damagum- deputy national chairman (North)
- Taofeek Arapaja- deputy national chairman (South)
- Samuel Anyanwu (national secretary)
- Ahmed Yayari Mohammed (national treasurer)
- Umar Bature (national organizing secretary)
- Daniel Woyegikuro (national financial secretary)
- Stella Effah-Attoe (national woman leader)
- Mohammed Kadade suleiman (national
national youth leader)
- Kamaldeen Adeyemi Ajibade (national legal adviser)
- Debo Ologunagba (national publicity secretary)
- Okechukwu Obiechina Daniel (national auditor)
- Setonji Koshoede (deputy national secretary)
14 Ndubisi Eneh David (deputy national treasurer)
- Ibrahim Abdullahi (deputy national publicity secretary)
- Ighoyota Amori (deputy national organizing secretary)
- Adamu Kamale (deputy national financial secretary)
- Hajaja Yakubu Wanka (deputy national woman leader)
- Timothy Osadolor (deputy national youth leader)
- Okechukwu Osuoha (deputy national legal adviser)