Ondo 2020: Police Reveals Cause Of Fire At INEC Office

0
64
Ondo 2020: Police Reveals Cause Of Fire At INEC Office

The Ondo Police Command has revealed that the fire outbreak at the Akure office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was caused by a faulty electrical connection.

The state police commissioner made this known at a press briefing in Akure, the state capital, saying the the Ondo Fire Service report on the incident had put to rest issues of saboteurs setting containers ablaze.

He said: “The result of the investigation into the incident is out. The fire was caused by faulty electrical connection and the smart card readers were burnt. They were kept in two containers on the premises of INEC and the air conditioners were kept on for 24 hours.

“This will put to rest speculations that it was caused by saboteurs. If there are other findings, we will let you know. For now, the major cause is a faulty electrical connection.

READ ALSO: Card Readers Destroyed As Fire Guts Ondo INEC Head Office

“This report is final from the fire service. They have the authority to investigate fire incidents in Akure.”

He added that other findings would be made public.

On the reported destruction of campaign posters and banners by political opponents, the police commissioner said his men were working to arrest the perpetrators.

“We are working hard to curtail political violence. We are meeting political leaders to tell their followers to desist from attacking each other. We are investigating all aspects about the killing in Idanre.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

7 + two =