Contact Information
We Are Available 24/ 7. Call Now.

Against the backdrop that followed the reopening of the Lekki tollgate, Federal Government has vowed to crush any fresh protest at the Toll Gate by #EndSARS protesters.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed in a statement on Thursday warned Nigerians against participating in any protest to block the toll gate saying all security agencies have been put on the alert to curtail any protest.

It said protests are constitutionally allowed only in designated places but not toll gates while stating that intelligence report showed that the latest protest might be hijacked to cause violence nationwide.

The Minister said: “However, any further resort to violence in the name of #EndSARS will not be tolerated this time.

“The security agents are ready for any eventuality. A situation in which six soldiers and 37 policemen were murdered in cold blood by hoodlums will not repeat itself.

“The attack, looting and razing of 269 private and public property will not happen again. The killing of 57 civilians will not be re-enacted.”

“No government anywhere will allow a repeat of the kind of destruction, killing and maiming wrought by the hijackers of #EndSARS protests last year.

“After all, only one policeman – (plus four others) – was killed in the invasion of the US Capitol in January, yet the FBI has continued to hunt down and prosecute the perpetrators. No life is more important than the other.”

Mohammed warned those planning the protest to shelve it. He said intelligence report indicated that some of those planners are non-Nigerians

He added: “We therefore strongly warn those who are planning to re-occupy Lekki Toll Gate on Saturday to desist.

Share:

administrator, person

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *