Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has ruled out the possibility of Jadon Sancho leaving the German club for Manchester United this transfer window, stating there will be no change in that decision before the window closes on Monday.
All through the summer, speculations had lingered with regards to the future of the young England international with Manchester United needing to bolster their attack but the English club however did not meet the August 10 deadline set by Borussia Dortmund.
Manchester United who had been in discussions with Borussia Dortmund in the past had hoped they would be able to strike a deal with the German club before before the transfer deadline on Monday, but Zorc, who has been straight forward with United in the past, has said on Friday, with finality, that a deal will not happen.
Zorc said: “We talked to Manchester in the past.
“But anything that could have been said by us concerning this topic, has already been said. And that won’t change in the upcoming three days.”
Borussia Dortmund put a price tag of €120m for Sancho, and continued talks with United after their deadline of August 10, but the English club have refused to meet their demand being of the opinion that Sancho is overpriced with the current situation of finances in football, and that meant both sides failed to come to a comproise over a deal of any sort for Sancho.
United have come to the opinion that they are willing to wait for the 20-year-old, with Sancho still apparently content to remain in Borussia Dortmund for another year, at least.
But with United not being able to purchase a forward so far, a last minute approach for Sancho was expected, however, Zorc’s comments seem to put talks of the players depature from Borussia Dortmund to rest as the team focuses on the rest of their campaign.